Monday, August 12, 2013

Garden Update: A day in the garden in photos

If you live in the Northeast, you'll agree this was a crazy summer of high heat and lots of rain!  If it wasn't a heat wave, it was raining.  Sometimes, we had both!  Apparently, this was great for my garden and the daily harvest is still so much that I have to share.  In fact, sometimes I think my neighbors are tired of me begging them to help me eat all the tomatoes.  That said, here's an August update in pictures.  Enjoy!

Six heirloom tomato plants gone wild!  I've picked over 100 tomatoes already!
 
Cherry Tomatoes almost ready
 
The cucumber outgrew it's trellis so I spread the tomato trellis around the back. 
It came all the way down the other side to make a tent perfectr for a kid.
 
Cucumbers hiding under the trellis


The Jack-be-Littles aren't so little anymore!  The plant has wound around the house!
 
There's at least a dozen of these tiny pumpkins hidden through the two plants. 
Can't wait for them to turn orange!


The 3 zucchini plants have been the under-producers this year.  I've only picked 4 zucchini so far. 
This time last year I had at least 2 dozen!
 
We can't forget the flowers.  Here's the mandevilla I added to the deck this year.
 
The roses are also gorgeous again!
 
After the camera was put down, I found six huge cucumbers waiting to be picked!
In a few weeks, the cucumber vines should be withered and I'll be ready to plant my fall lettuces and other cold-weather crops.  It's been a great season already!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! What good pictures. You've got some mad photography skills too, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meredith! It doesn't just look pretty, it's delicious too! :)

      Delete