Thursday, April 5, 2012

Four-O-Clocks


I am not a morning person.  I married one, I birthed one, I’m now defaulted to be one, but I still come alive at night.  If I were a flower, I would dread being awakened by the sun every morning with no curtains to drawer over my eyes.  Maybe that’s why last year I started from seed a flower after my own heart.  There it was in the seed aisle, a flower called Four-O-Clocks.  They got their name because they don’t open their petals until around 4-o-clock and most stay open through the night not closing up until morning.  The package said this was a great flower to teach kids about time but I just felt a need to plant it simply for our commonality of detesting morning.  Many days I don’t feel like I really get started until evening.  I love that there’s a flower that matches me!   If you want the best of me, I’ll see you around 4-o-clock.  For now, I’m going back to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a perfect match of a flower :) Now, could they just start keeping Longwood open at night?! ;)

    ReplyDelete