Monday, March 5, 2012

The Gardener

This past weekend, I threw my back out.  It was a first (and hopefully last) experience.  This gardener was put on "rest" and was only able to watch the seeds sprout indoors from what we planted last week.  I did a lot of gazing out the window also.  And without my hands ever touching my gardens, the daffodils are sprouting, the hyacinths are poking through and the magnolia buds are starting to swell.  How is this possible without my touch?  I'm not watering.  I'm not nurturing.  The real Gardener, God, is at work whether I ever step foot outside or not!  With spring arriving, it's hard to deny His fingerprint on all of creation.  "Since what can be known about God is evident among them, because God has shown it to them.  For His invisible attributes, that is, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen since the creation of the world, being understood through what He has made.  As a result, people are without excuse." (Romans 1:19,20).  Did you catch that?  It's through what He has made, that we can see His attributes.  We are not to worship the creation.  However, His mark is all over it!  Enjoy the display He created as it unfolds around you this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment