Saturday, July 14, 2012

Let the rains come down

"He covers the sky with clouds; He supplies the earth with rain and makes grass grow on the hills."
Psalm 147:8

This morning I woke to a sound that was unfamiliar in recent weeks.  I heard the pitter patter of rain on the window!  Normally, it would signal the start to a day stuck indoors with the kids.  But instead, in my sleepy state, I was thrilled to know that God was using his giant watering can to bring down rains on our withering gardens and browning grass.  Then my mind quickly turned to the Midwest and wondered if they were so lucky.  This past week with the kids, we prayed for rain for the farmers out there.  I explained how it was up to God to bring them rain since their fields are so large that they can't just pull out a hose and water their crops.  Yes, there's talk of prices at the grocery stores going up because of the drought in the center of our country.  However, beyond our own wallets, there are farmers trying to feed their own families, who count on these crops as their salary, and who need the rain so much more than my tiny garden in my backyard.  God, bring rain to our midwest farmers as well.

1 comment: